R.N. Shetty Institute of Technology (RNSIT) established in the year 2001, is the brain-child of the Group Chairman, Dr. R.N. Shetty.
The Murudeshwar Group of Companies headed by Dr. R. N. Shetty is a leading player in many industries viz construction, manufacturing, hotel, automobile, power & IT services and education.
The group has contributed significantly to the field of education. Education campus and environment has been provided in the top class to make students a friendly campus to maintain in the list of top AICTE approved engineering colleges in karnataka. A number of educational institutions are run by the R.N.Shetty Trust, with RNSIT one amongst them.
With a continuous desire to provide quality education to the society, the group has established RNSIT, an institution to nourish and produce the best of engineering talents in the country. RNSIT is one of the top AICTE approved engineering colleges in karnataka.
To impart high quality education in Engineering and Technology and Management with a difference, enabling students to excel in their career.
Mr. Satish R. Shetty, Mr. Sunil R. Shetty and Mr. Naveen R. Shetty, sons of Dr.R N Shetty have followed their father in all respects. Having inherited his entrepreneurial qualities, they are building the Group with vision, by seizing all opportunities of today.
Sound management practices, professionalism of a high order and a cohesive group policy, integrated with traditional Indian values and modern management practices are the Group’s strengths. Well built with excellent infrastructural facilities, the R.N Shetty Group of Companies is heading towards success in all ventures.
Dr. H N Shivashankar, formerly Chairman of Department of Electronics and Computer Science and also Dean faculty of engineering of Bangalore University, is a scholar of repute, an excellent teacher served as Principal of RNSIT and has become Instrumental in making RNSIT as the top teaching Institution among the Engineering Colleges in State.
Now he has been elevated as the Director of RNSIT. He has the necessary Vision, Zeal and Enthusiasm and is aiming in vertical Development in developing RNSIT as not only as the best teaching institute but also in research and Development.
His expertise in the field of Engineering supported by over 3 decades of research and teaching has led to a continuous vertical development of RNSIT.
Scholarship and Honours
1. Post graduate Fellowship at Institute of Technology, BHU, Varanasi, 1966-68
2. Research Fellowship under Quality Improvement Program at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, 1981-84
3. SIR THOMAS WARD Gold Medal (Best Paper Award for Paper no.11) from IE (INDIA) in 1984
4. IE (INDIA) Gold Medal Best Paper Award for 1991-92 for paper no.14
5. Visited USA as a FulBright Scholar for 3 months , Worked with Victor K. Prasanna, under parallel Processing group, Delivered lectures at various places and forums, one of them was on Multiple Valued Logic, the televised lecture for 3 hours ar USC, Los Angeles and another at University of IRVINE under Mr. Kane Kim group during 1991.
6. Exchange Scholarship to visit France-Offered
7. Fellow of IETE, India
8. “Teacher of Millennium” by Poornapragna agency,2000 Member of task force on Information technology of State Government
9. Senior Member of IETE, (India)
Dr. M K Venkatesha, a J C Bose Gold Medalist has 32 years of experience. He completed his Post Graduation from the University of Manitoba (CANADA) on a fellowship. Prof. Venkatesha was on deputation from Malnad College of Engineering as Registrar (Evaluation) of VTU, Belgaum during 2001-2004, where he brought in revolutionary changes in the examination system.
He was on deputation from MCE, Hassan to AICTE, New Delhi during 2004-2005 as Adviser-I before taking over as the Principal of BMS College of Engineering in July 2005. With his experience in diversified areas, RNSIT is poised to play a vital role and leave deep imprints in the sands of time of Technical Education