Welcome to R.C. Technical Institute, Ahmedabad.
The R.C. Technical Institute was established by Rao Bahadoor Ranchhodlal Chhotalal (The First Nagarpati and pioneer of textile industry in India) in year 1910 at Saraspur,Ahmedabad.
Later in the year 1930,this institute was handed over to the then State Government of Bombay. Initially,the institute was running certificate courses in Mechanical,Electrical,Textile Spinning,Textile Weaving and Textile Processing. In the year 1947, these certificate courses were replaced by new Diploma programmes in Textile Manufacturing and Textile Processing.
Looking to the need of industries, the programes like Printing technology,Mechanical Engineering,Electrical Engineering,Computer Engineering,IT Engineering & Civil etc. are added gradually. To accomodate this expansion in environmentaly clean and layer area, the institute is shifted to the new campus at sola,ahmedabad in june 1997.