Post Graduation Courses: M.Sc. in Bio-Chemistry

Chandigarh College Of Pharmacy

Chandigarh College of Pharmacy has rechristened the profession of pharmacy with its professional approach and unique style. The mosaic of work crafted for the department helps students fit in easily into the top industries/institutions in the country as well as abroad. Various Indian and pharma MNC Companies like Ranbaxy, Panaceabiotech, GlaxoSmithkline, Pfizer, Dr. Reddy’s and many more feel highly elated in welcoming our students into training and job for their uniqueness in work ethics. The institute carries a unique distinction of being one of the first institutes of this field in Mohali local planning area. Well equipped college classrooms, labs and other research facilities helps students imbibe the skills needed for being successful in the field. CCP is affiliated to I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar and recognized by All India Council of Technical Education, New Delhi, Pharmacy Council of India and Govt. of Punjab. It is well-managed institute with dynamic innovative focus to meet the need of the students.

Read More

Govt. Polytechnic College For Girls

Rajendra Hospital Patiala was named after the Maharaja Rajendra Singh (1856–1900) of erstwhile state. The foundation was laid down byMaharaja Yadvinder Singh on 15th April 1950. Government Medical College,Patiala was started on 29th September, 1953 at Patiala, the capital oferstwhile Pepsu State, at that time a separate State from Punjab, under theGovernment Of India President’s rule . This was the first Medical College inPepsu State with a population of over 20 lacs. The Rajendra Hospital, Patiala, wasunder construction when the college started. The foundation stone of thecollege building was laid by Dr. Rajendra Parshad then President of India on21.12.1953. The opening ceremony of Rajendra Hospital, Patiala was performed bythe Prime Minister of India, Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru, in 1954.

It started as a 500 bedded hospital and presently it houses1009 bedded in Rajendra Hospital Patiala and 121 bedded in T.B.Hospital,Patiala. The T.B.Hospital, Patiala has been designated as Zonal Task ForceCentre of North India for involvement of Medical Colleges in RNTCP. TheHospital is also working as State T.B.Training and Demonstration Centre for theState of Punjab and U.T.

Apart from Basic/Clinical departments some super specialty departments are also functioning. Cardiology, Neurology, Nephrology, ICCU arefunctioning in Medicine Deptt. and Urology, Pediatrics, Surgery, PlasticSurgery, I.C.U are also functional. Psychiatry Deptt.of this Institution has been upgraded. In addition to itDe-addiction Centre, ART Centre /EDUSET, Telemedicine, I.T.Cell are alsofunctional. The college has 4 hostels for UGs and one hostel for PGs. It hasbeautiful auditorium, vast play grounds, swimming pool, and gymnasium andcollege canteen. The college has a separate library building with in the campushousing IT Cell. There is an ME Cell to

The present college building was constructed in 1953 for the admission of 50 MBBS students whereas at present: – 150 M.B.B.S., 90 Post Graduate, 4 MSc.(Biochemistry, Anatomy) 50 Bsc. Nursing, 30 Post Basic Nursing, 10 Bsc. Medical (Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry), 40 D.M.L.T, 60 D-Pharmacy, 11 Radiographer Diploma students are being admitted in this Institution.

Read More

A &M Institute Of Computer &Technology

A M Institutes has a unique culture that inculcates strong value in its atudents and make them adaptable to mchange. It is increasing demand for competent engineers and technocrate for executing various projects in private , public and government sectors in india and abroad , which spurred the management to start this college. Our focus is to develop business leaders and technocrate who are equipped to tackle the callenges of global business environment. The college strives to earn its reputation through its innovative teaching methodology and quality of its pragmatic programmes. Today a career has to be carefully crafted by calibre combined with diligence, by inspiration blended with perspiration. We promise to lead you towards desired destinations. This college always aspires to AIM HIGH, scaling great heights in its quest for EXCELLENCE in imparting human , intellectual , spiritual and moral formation to the student. A & M Institute is a place where growth is a way of life. It is our quest tradition to excel. Every effort shall be made yo keep this tradition alive. I invite you to be a part of our programmes.

Mohit Mahajan

Read More

Abohar Polytechnic College

Abohar Polytechnic College (APC) known for its excellence not only in academics but in all other spheres of activities also and endeavour to shape the students for their around personality development. The college offers Diploma degree in the field of Engineering.

Read More

Adamas University

The Adamas University has been established by the Sachis Kiron Roy Memorial Trust (SKRMT) under The Adamas University Act, 2014 (West Bengal Act IV of 2014) passed by the West Bengal Legislature and approved by the Governor. The provisions of The Adamas University Act, 2014 have come into effect from 11th April 2014 through a notification issued by the Government of West Bengal on the same date.
With its campus located at Barasat (13 kms from Subhash Chandra Bose international airport, Kolkata), West Bengal, the University will commence its classes from the academic session 2015-16 under five Faculties of Studies. The University has been established with the vision of providing quality education to students to help them become professionally competent as well as academically knowledgeable. It is expected to act as a centre of excellence, drawing students from both India and abroad.

High-quality relevant research facilities will be one of the University’s core strengths and efforts will be made to collaborate with the industries and educational institutions of repute within the country and abroad by way of collaborative projects, collaborative research, and faculty and student exchange programs. As the parent organization, The RICE Group will also contribute to shaping the destiny of the youth of West Bengal pursuing their studies in the Adamas University.

Read More

Jaypee University of Engineering and Technology

This is one of the four Universities established for imparting Engineering education by the Jaiprakash Sewa Sansthan (JSS), an educational initiative which recognizes the role of IT and emerging technologies in improving the quality of life of the people of India. JUET’s location at Raghogarh, in Guna district, is a well thought out as it serves backward district of MP such as Shivpuri, Gwalior, Sheopur, Ashoknagar, Sagar, Rajgarh, Vidisha etc. This region, currently in a rural setting with strong agricultural activities is likely to grow as a major industrial hub. JUET is being developed as a major center to provide competent, well trained technical manpower to the region.

The JUET campus on the national highway linking Agra to Mumbai sprawls over 125 acre as a modern institution of higher learning in the field of engineering and technical education. The foundation stone of this institution was laid on 15th March 2002 by the then chief minister of Madhya Pradesh Shri Digvijay Singh. The academic activities started in the year 2003. Presently the university offers 4 year (8 semester) B.Tech Programmes, M.Tech. Programmes and Doctoral Programmes in Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering and Electronics and Communication Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. The Doctoral Programmes are also available in Mathematics and Physics streams. Six Semester Diploma programs in Civil Engineering with specialization in Cement Technology and Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Thermal Power are also offered at present.

The University has the modern well laid out and green campus with well equipped state-of-the-art laboratories and library, which provides a pleasant and intellectually stimulating ambience for students in eco-friendly environment. Special emphasis has been laid on developing an environment highly conducive for

Building of a solid foundation of knowledge

Confidence building

Pursuit of excellence and self discipline

Personality development

Inculcation of creativity through motivation and drive, which helps to produce innovative professionals well equipped for the rigors of emerging challenges of professional and social life.

The University aims to offer the complete educational spectrum of programs in emerging technologies at the degree levels. Research in emerging areas of technology is a major thrust and is leveraged for all academic pursuits.

Read More

Rajendra Memorial Research Institute of Medical Sciences

Dr. A.B. Sen, an eminent scientist of the country, joined the Institute as the first full time Director in August 1986 under ICMR. The Indian Council of Medical Research bestowed full financial power and control of the administration of the institute that his predecessors did not have. Under his direction, the research activities of the Institute accelerated considerably and several measures were adopted to streamline the administration.

Dr. R. Prabhakar later joined as the Director of the institute from 1992 to 1994 with dual charge. He was also the Director of Tuberculosis Research Center, Madras.

Dr. S.K. Kar joined as Director in 1994 till 2000. During these tenures, the institute did several projects on Visceral Leishmaniasis and a WHO/TDR project on Malathion suspension for control strategy programme was successfully carried out.

Dr. S.K. Bhattacharya joined as Director in the year 2000, and the institute got a new dimension in research. The institute and scientists got international exposure under his guidance. The Clinical trial (Phase III) on Orally administered drug Miltefosine in children suffering from Visceral Leishmaniasis was successfully carried out for the first time in the institute under the aegis of WHO/TDR. Followed by this, a spate of clinical trials viz. phase IV miltefosine, Phase III and IV paromomycin, phase IIB sitamaquine, Combination therapies, dose-finding study of miltefosine in PKDL were undertaken. The departments were enriched with latest equipments i.e., fully automated random access clinical chemistry analyzer, semi automated auto analyzer, blood cell counter, ion selective analyzer, UV-spectrophotometer, flow cytometer, PCR equipment, etc. and uplifting of the Institute campus. to further upgrade the laboratories.

The present Director, Dr. P. Das joined this Institute on 5 May 2005. Apart from completion of ongoing trails, new clinical drug trials of amphomul, single dose ambisome and combination therapy of existing anti-leishmanial drugs etc. were successfully completed. The Institute is continuously striving for quality research on diagnostic, treatment and control aspects of kala-azar apart from high-end basic research on disease pathogenesis and mechanism. The Institute has contributed significantly in operational research providing effective tools for surveillance, diagnosis, treatment and vector control under national kala-azar elimination programme. Besides this, the institute is contributing significantly in research and service towards HIV/AIDS through ICTC, ART, ART Plus, OST clinic. The other components include MDR/XDR laboratory, virology centre. The Institute is now of international repute for research and coming up as a research on tropical diseases through inception of Samrat Ashoka Tropical Disease Research Centre.

Read More

Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics

The Institute grew out of the Palit Research Laboratory in Physics of the University of Calcutta (CU). Professor M N Saha came back from Allahabad in 1938 to succeed Sir C V Raman in the Palit Chair of Physics. In the discovery of Nuclear Fission by Otto Hahn and Fritz Strassman in 1939, he had seen immense potential of nuclear science for betterment of the country. By 1940 he had had the syllabus of the Post-Graduate Physics reorganised to include Nuclear Physics in the Physics curriculum. Multifarious experiments in Nuclear Physics and instrumentation had started in his laboratory. Soon a small-scale cyclotron was felt necessary for gaining a first-hand knowledge in this virgin field. He decided to have it built here rather than buying one.Thanks to Jawaharlal Nehru’s help and Dorabji Tata’s generosity, fund was soon available for procurement of parts of the machine. Courtesy to the University a piece of land became available within the University College of Science campus in Rajabazar at 92 Upper Circular Road (now known as Acharya Prafulla Chandra Road) for erecting a building to house the machine. In fact, the laboratory was already too small to contain the spate of activity.

Read More

Delhi University

Sir Maurice Gwyer, the then Vice-Chancellor, realizing the importance of a distinguished faculty to act as role models, relentlessly searched for talent all over the country and roped in men of eminence to this University, such as Prof. D.S. Kothari in Physics, Prof. T.R. Sheshadri in Chemistry, Prof. P Maheshwari in Botany and Prof. M L Bhatia in Zoology.

Five Departments namely Chemistry, Geology, Zoology, Sociology and History have been awarded the status of the Centres of Advanced Studies. These Centres of Advanced Studies have carved a niche for themselves as centres of excellence in teaching and research in their respective areas. In addition, a good number of University departments are also receiving grants under the Special Assistance Programme of the UGC in recognition of their outstanding academic work. 10 Departments (Germanic & Romance Studies, Hindi, Persian, Geography, Music, East Asian Studies, Anthropology, Mathematics, B.R.Ambedkar, M. I.L.) are getting grants under DRS, 2 Departments (Buddhist Studies, English) are getting grants under DSA, 3 Departments (English, Buddhist Studies, Social Work) are getting grants under AISHSS and 3 Departments (African Studies, East Asian Studies, Developing Countries Research Centre) are getting grants under Area Studies Programmes. Department of Adult, Continuing Education and Extension and Women’s Studies & Development Centre of the University are also getting special funding from UGC. The University today boasts of as many as 15 big libraries apart from libraries in colleges. The University Science Instrumentation Centre (USIC) which is now situated close to the Physics and Chemistry Departments houses a number of sophisticated and high-end research instruments. These instruments are used quite frequently by Teachers and Research Scholars of postgraduate departments of the University as well as by many other institutions in Delhi and its neighbourhood. The University has recently laid fibre-optic network in the North and the South Campuses connecting all colleges and departments.

When the University of Delhi expanded in many directions to keep pace with a rapidly growing city, South Campus was established in 1973 to facilitate access for the residents of South Delhi. It moved to its present location on Benito Juarez Road, near Dhaula Kuan, in 1984. The Campus is now spread across 69 acres of green, hilly terrain and its buildings blend attractively with the natural surroundings. The various departments are located in the Faculty of Arts and the Faculty of Inter-disciplinary and Applied Sciences. S.P. Jain Centre for Management Studies is also located at the South Delhi Campus. Besides these, the Campus has a good library, a Health Centre, a Bank, a Post Office, DTC Pass Section and administrative and examination blocks. South Campus also provides some residential quarters for faculty members and the non-teaching staff. Outstation students are offered accommodation in three hostels.

Read More

Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College, Ludhiana

Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College, Ludhiana is a State Government aided Institution. It is functioning under the aegis of Nankana Sahib Education Trust (N.S.Ed.T.) with a Managing Committee appointed by N.S.Ed.T to look after routine management functions with due representation in it, of State Government and Central Government. The Managing Committee recommends policy decisions which are ultimately put up to the Nankana Sahib Education Trust for approval.

Read More